All businesses are required to follow strict security laws when it comes to handling clients’ and employees’ personal information. Otherwise, your company could face the risk of identity fraud as well as the cost of legal fees, fines, and lost business.
Take for example the company TaxSlayer, who violated the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act in 2015. Identity thieves gained access to the tax reports in almost 9,000 TaxSlayer client accounts. Despite those accounts making up only 1% of the company’s business, the profits lost and settlement with the FTC left a much larger impact. Additionally, TaxSlayer must now endure security audits every 2 years. If it violates the the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act again within the next 20 years, it may be subject to fines of up to $40,654. For just a fraction of that cost, you could benefit from the destruction services offered at Office Shredding and provide both clients and employees with peace of mind.
At Office Shredding, we offer secure shredding for paper documents, as well as hard drive and electronics recycling. We can even help with one time clean outs and document imaging. Office Shredding provides our clients the following benefits:
- Our drivers are uniformed, background-checked, and NAID AAA Certified
- Our team keeps the chain of custody intact while transferring materials
- Our Secure Cut® capability cuts paper particles to 3/8th’s of an inch — even smaller than the standard 2 ¼”
- A Certificate of Destruction is provided to validate the service and its compliance with security and document safety
- After shredding, any and all materials are recycled
- Live video of our mobile shredding is available
Methods of Secure Document Destruction
We provide several options for destroying your documents and meet the highest security standards for all industries including government, legal, medical, and more. Visit our why shred page to learn more about specific industry safety standards. Click on each photo below for more information.
To get started with a quote for your secure document destruction, simply fill out our form. A member of the Office Shredding team will be in touch with you shortly.