Office Shredding is AAA NAID Certified!
FACT: 61% of MD/DC/VA Shredding Companies Fail to Meet Industry Security Standards.
It’s true! Of the 77 shredding companies operating in Maryland, DC and Virginia, only 30 (39%) have satisfied the stringent security requirements necessary to achieve a “AAA Certified” rating by the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID).
NAID is the Watchdog of the Shredding Industry
NAID is a non-profit association dedicated to the advancement, professionalism, and high ethical standards of the information destruction industry. They act as an independent auditor, checking a shredding company’s compliance in 22 critical areas, including everything from shred size to employee background checks.
Here are just a few of the critical items that the NAID verifies during their on-going audits:
- Pre-employment and random criminal background checks on all employees
- Pre-employment and random drug screening for all employees
- Certified proof that shredded output is unreadable
- $2,000,000 general liability insurance
- Drivers and helpers wear a company uniform, and display picture ID badges
- Comprehensive written security policies and procedures
- Owners and officers have a third party background check on file
- All employees sign a Confidentiality, and Non-Disclosure Agreement
The NAID awards their highest rating, “AAA Certified” to only a select few companies that meet these stringent security standards.
Why Is a AAA Certified Rating So Important?
Because it’s the only way for you to verify that a shredding company has complied with industry security standards. Shredding companies that refuse to submit to audits from a third party watchdog organization (like NAID) are asking you to trust them to regulate themselves. And that’s simply not good enough.